Why yes I do, and they rule the dogs as well should be:
2) If you want to tell us about any humans in the house, that’s okay too. But you don’t have to.
Well MK, if I don’t I may not get to adopt any more cats!
Jeff – the drummer hubs
Zak – my computer wiz
Tiff – my mini me [she is here part time, does that count?]
3) How much do you desert your cats (leave the house for things like “jobs” and “school”)?
As much as I hate to admit it, I am out of here by 0645 every day during the week and don’t get home until 1730ish. But So’s and Ad’s say it’s ok because they get to tell the Iggies what to do.
4) How much do you read and what do you usually read?
Amazon LOVES me, if that gives you a clue. Historical Fiction is number 1 since my ‘non-paying’ minor is in Medieval British History. I can go through 800 pages in a Sunday – so I read a lot when I am not watching footie!
5) Does your reading detract from your time spent worshipping cats or running a cat sanctuary? (If you don’t worship cats or run a cat sanctuary, perhaps you should consider cutting back on reading, working that day job, sleeping and cleaning to make time for more important things.)
Well yes and no [how human to quibble]. Addie will come and sit in front on my book if she thinks I am devoting too much time. Oh, she drools to make it worthwhile as well.
6) Why do you think cats are better than dogs? (Since you call yourself a lover of words, I trust your answer will be eloquent.)
Of course! Don’t get me wrong, I love Reno and Grayson [my Iggies] to bits…but they demand attention constantly. Adso and Adair love me when it is convenient for them – far better!!!
7) Tell me about the felines in your favorite books. How often do they appear and how big a part do they play in the narratives?
Well, I named Adso after a character in Diana Gabaldon’s ‘Outlander’ series. Considering the circumstances of how we met, it suited him very well. Then there is Perdue in Jennifer Roberson’s ‘Lady of Sherwood’ – WAY cool kitty!! Neither ‘speaks’ but they have remained with me which means they made an impact.
8) On the off-chance you have yet to read books about cats, when do you plan to rectify this egregious error and demonstration of poor literary taste?
Oh, I wouldn’t even think of offending you, MK. I would lose my standing in the feline community!
9) Perhaps you’ve read a few books about cats and perhaps you haven’t (but will). Chances are you haven’t read the perfect book about cats yet, but even if you think you have, cats are so awesome there’s clearly more than one perfect book about cats. What narrative elements or plot points do you think a perfect book about cats would have in it?
I would love to read a book about a feline perspective of us suckers [i.e.: humans]. I mean you have to admit, you felines have us down pat – one purr, a batt of eyes, a rub and we melt. Your thoughts on your domination of the so-called ‘most intelligent of the animal kingdom’ would rock!
10) In your experience, do you think cats would make better superstars of fiction, comics, movies or television? Please explain your choice with superlatives about feline gloriousness or at least something that makes sense to the humans reading this.
Oh c’mon – if you took over it all, what would we have to do but worship and adore you 24/7? Oh wait, I answered my own question…
11) Speaking of movies, what are your favorite works of cinema involving cats?
Cat People – hands down. Not the newer one [or the porn version] but the old B/W version! OH and ‘Bringing Up Baby’ – so much fun!!!
Adso is my thrill killer because he likes to get bunnies – just because. One morning when we moved into our new house I was on the computer and looked out the front window. There was something in the dead center of my driveway. I was all ‘what IS that?!’. I go out and there is a bunny, laid out perfectly in my drive, where everyone who went by could see. I was horrified, Adso had this look of ‘yeah buddy, that’s right! Look who moved in!’ on his face. ‘Nuff said.
13) Can you pet one cat while you read?
14) Can you pet two cats while you read?
If I prop the book just right and turn pages with my tongue.
15) Can you pet three or more cats while you read?
Don’t know, I only have the 2.
User submitted questions:
How goes the discussion about discipline in your house?
HA! What is that? I have 2 cats, 2 Iggies and a lizard – I am whipped.
What one thing would you change about your pet/human?
I wouldn’t change a thing, but I am sure they all would want: more treats, more toys, more time.
Do you believe pets and humans come to resemble each other over time?
Gods I hope not – Reno is a tripod!!!
Can you type with a cat stretched out across your wrists? If not, why not? Otherwise, how’s the carpal tunnel?
Luckily, the cats stay off the wrists but not out of the way of the monitor – windows they are not.
If you’re a reader and you want to do an interview with Meankitty, just email us via the site www.meankitty.com!